Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Dating... And a little about me

Let's talk a little about me...  Just so you know who you're taking advice from. ;)  I come from a family where divorce is rampant.  I'm an observer of families, especially couples.  I like to believe I've learned from the mistakes of others, and from my own.  I am passionate about creating functional marriages and helping others where I can.  I am not a doctor, I'm a hairstylist (which on its own opens my eyes to a world of people-who-need-help).... but I'm gonna be going to school soon to major in Marriage and Family Studies, with a minor in psychology.  I can't wait!  I'm not an expert on paper, but I feel that my experiences and observations have given me a good insight. So take all I say, think about it, and decide what works for you.

They Are So In Love!

Now I want to address something more on-topic.  Just briefly, I want to talk about dating.  When I got married, we were advised by someone very wise to date once a week.  As college students we don't make a lot of money, but dating is still possible and we follow that council.  In fact, someone else just recently reiterated to us the importance of this resolution!  You don't have to go out to dinner and a movie... in fact, that gets boring.  Dating is spending time together.  Sometimes, we call grocery shopping our date night.  Sometimes that's all we can do.  There are some great ideas if you Google "cheap date ideas for married couples".  Dating is an important step in keeping love alive.  It's how we nurture our marriage!  I hear so many people say "We just don't have time or money for dating now that we have kids."  But you know what?  There are a lot of other people that feel that way, and I know that a lot of the concern is paying for a babysitter.  If you find that couple that feels the same way you do (which isn't hard), you can trade off babysitting!  Even if it's just every other week, or maybe once a month... it's a great deal to make.  You can just drop them off and have a lovely evening at home.  I myself do not yet have any children, so many might say I don't understand.  Maybe I don't.  I do know that having children is a blessing, but you can't let it hinder the romance.

P.S. How's it coming with giving 100%?

No comments:

Post a Comment